Saturday 14 June 2014

Evening Skin Care Routine

I've been meaning to write a post on my evening skin care routine for a while now, so here it is! Even though I'm always trying new products, my evening routine hasn't changed that much over the last couple of months. I normally chop and change when it comes to cleansers, but I've been pretty loyal to everything else. These are the products that I'm currently using...

I always start by removing my make up with the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (£21). This cleanser always seems to be sold out everywhere, you really need to hunt it down if you want it! I really am obsessed with this cleanser though, it's so effective at melting away all traces of make up leaving my skin feeling impeccably clean and purified. I used to be really unsure about cleansing balms, but when I tried this I was sold. It's pretty dreamy stuff.

The evenings always call for a double cleanse, so I follow this with the Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser (£27.50). I've only just started using this cleanser so I won't say too much about it, but my skin is loving it so far. It helps to rebalance oiliness and removes surface impurities to leave the skin feeling clean and fresh. Foaming cleansers can leave the skin feeling tight and stripped of moisture, but this one is so lovely and gentle and leaves my skin feeling oh so soft.

Next, I spritz my face with the amazing Lush Tea Tree Water (£3.95). This feels so refreshing on my oily skin and ensures any remaining traces of cleanser or make up are removed. It keeps my complexion looking so clean and clear, and my skin feels so revived every time I use this. It's super affordable too, I always buy the smaller bottle as it's perfect for when you're out and about and feel like your skin needs freshened up -  it doesn't disturb your make up and the spray bottle makes it so simple to use.


I then use a few drops of the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil (£32)- I feel like I talk about this all the time but it really is such a wonderful product! It's light and absorbs into the skin so quickly giving my complexion a sheer glow; there's none of that greasy feeling afterwards that you associate with oils. I find that using an oil has really improved my skin over time, my complexion is so much more refined and looks so healthy and radiant.  I've been using this oil for almost a year now and there's still a good amount left in the bottle, it's a good investment and well worth the price tag.


Lastly, I apply my night cream of choice, the Origins High Potency Night-a-Mins Mineral Enriched Renewal Cream (£34). This works by sloughing away dead skin cells while you sleep, so that when you wake up your complexion looks bright and healthy. This cream is very rich, but it sinks into my skin beautifully and smells divine too. I'll then finish off with a little bit of eye cream, I love the Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash (£29) as it feels lovely and refreshing on application and helps to protect the delicate skin around the eyes while keeping them hydrated.  I use this in the mornings too as it minimises the look of dark circles and reduces puffiness so my eyes always look bright and wide awake.


What products do you use as part of your evening routine?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The Clinique cleansing balm is fantastic and definitely a staple in my routine as well! I also enjoy using the Tea Tree Water, both morning and evening. So good for my blemish prone combination skin! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your night time routine is very similar to mine! I use the Clinique balm, the Lush Tea Tree Water, the Clarins Lotus Oil and the Clarins Eye balm too!! They're really good products for combination to oily skin types!!!

    http://allthatfascination.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing! Clarins is my favorite brand for skin care too, I like their facial wash.

    xx,
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing quite a rave about Jurlique among bloggers. Really wanted to try one but my pockets are tearing up a bit. Anyway, great post as always <3 xo

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) if you look around online you can get Jurlique products for cheaper.
      xx

      Delete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig