Saturday 25 October 2014

Jouer Anti-Blemish Matte Primer

Can you believe that up until a year ago I never used primers? I had actually never heard of them before I started reading beauty blogs- it's hard to believe now that I went so long without using one as priming is an essential step in my make up routine. I have quite the collection now but I couldn't resist adding the Jouer Anti-Blemish Matte Primer (£29) to my shopping basket while I was repurchasing a few things from Cult Beauty. 

This primer is quite different to any other primer I've used before. As well as instantly blurring imperfections and controlling oil, it aims to improve the skin over time so that your complexion gradually becomes naturally flawless. The clever oil-free formula is lightweight and contains Salicylic Acid, which works to alleviate congested skin and unclogs blocked pores while fighting any existing spots and stopping new ones from popping up. Now I don't suffer from too many blemishes, but I do have enlarged pores on my nose and my t-zone is very oily. It also contains skin friendly ingredients such as Vitamin E which provides anti-oxidant protection, and Aloe which works to soothe and calm the skin. 


To use, I squeeze a pearl sized amount out of the tube and smooth it all over my face, paying particular attention to my t-zone. It has a gel like texture which smoothes over the skin and dries in seconds to create a natural looking, semi matte finish. I've been using this every morning after moisturising for the past few weeks to prep my skin before applying my make up; I have to say I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin, but it does help my make up last longer and my skin looks so flawless once I've applied foundation over the top.


As much as I do like this primer, it's not impressed me as much as other products I've tried from Jouer. It is a really good primer and it's lovely to use, but it's just not as good as other primers I've used in terms of oil control (nothing beats MAC's Prep and Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment in my opinion) and I think it's a little over priced. Saying that, when I first started using this primer I had a few spots on my forehead and they cleared up in a few days, and my skin has been looking really clear too. If you suffer from blemishes and other imperfections I'd highly recommend this though.


Have you tried this?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I didn't use primers until quite recently either! I haven't tried this, but it does sound amazing!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Natalie. Have you tried the Laura Mercia oil free primer? I'm not a regular primer user but I think I haven't found the one yet!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I've not, I've read a lot about it and it's one I'm definetly keen on trying.

      Delete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig